VALID IMMEDIATELY UNTIL 30 SEPTEMBER 2014 (Tues - Sun, 9:00 - 16:00 ). EFTs not reflecting in CitySlicker's bank account after the deal has sold out or closes, may be refunded. Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance. Reservation is essential and subject to availability, please call (021) 913 6273. Voucher is strictly for 2 or 4 people, sit-down only (no takeaways allowed). Gratuity is not included. Redemption is only on presentation of individual PRINTED voucher(s). The voucher entitles you to a Gourmet platter and 6-wine tasting for 2 people (value R320) OR 4 people (value R640) at Mooiplaas Wine Estate, Stellenbosch. Voucher holders will automatically be entered into lucky draw to win a wine hamper. Should you make a booking and not arrive, voucher will be considered as used. May not be used against any other in-house promotions.
Situated on the sprawling slopes of Stellenbosch, Mooiplaas Wine Estate offers spectacular views over the mountains as well as the vineyards that provide only the best in vintages that this area has become well known for. Offering views of the distant Table Mountain, this estate also boasts a 50ha Private Nature Reserve dedicated to the preservation of the Cape Floral Kingdom.
CitySlickers will be seated within the cosy cellar where they will be treated to a Premium wine tasting paired with a gourmet platter. Presented by the knowledgable and attentive staff at Mooiplaas, CitySlickers will learn a thing or two about the different vintages of wine that this wine estate has become known for.
- Selection of local artisan cheeses
- Selection of fine home made pâtés
- Pesto & fruit compote
- Served with fresh home-baked bread
- Mooiplaas Sauvignon Blanc 2009 and 2013: Tropical notes on the nose, winter melon and litchi, fresh, palate is full, good balance and length
- Mooiplaas Chenin Blanc 2012: The wine shows our characteristic wild honey, peaches and apricot flavours. A well made complex wine with a well balanced palate, good structure and long lingering finish
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 and 2007: Deep purple colour, interesting minty flavours on the nose, palate shows good structure, long barrel ageing develops integration of fruit and oak
- Watershed Syrah 2008: A very dark colour reveals the intensity of the wine. Black cherry, spice and leather notes. Palate offer excellent focus and intensity with multi layers of dark chocolate, fennel and dark fruit that is underpinned by fine, well integrated tannins